Paragraph: Why is English difficult for you?
English is
the second most spoken language in the world. However, many people have trouble
learning it, including myself. I have trouble for many reasons. First, the way
some words are pronounced. Some words are not pronounced exactly as they are
written. For example, the word "ache" is pronounced as
"eik". Another word is "shove" that the pronunciation is
"chav". Second, in English there are many words with the same sound
and different meaning. For instance, the words "made" and "maid"
are pronounced the same way "meyd", but "made" is the past
tense of make and "maid" means female servant. Other words that are
pronounced the same form, that confuses my head, are "read" and
"red". The two words are pronounced as "red", but
"read" is the past of read and "red" is a color. Third, I
have great difficulty in grammar. Although the structure of the sentence is the
same as my language (subject, verb and object), I don't know use the past
perfect correctly. For example, in the sentence "We were too late. When we
arrived at the station, the train ___________." I would put "already
left", but the right would be "had already left." Another
difficulty I have is when using "going to" or "will." For
example, in the sentence "I'm not going to go to my brother-in-law's party
next weekend." the use of "I won't go" would be correct also.
Fourth, I have trouble with vocabulary. I don't know many words, so when I
start talking I can't complete the idea because I lack the words. Sometimes I
can't find something at the supermarket, for example, and not ask because I don't
know the word in English. Finally, I think my great difficulty in learning
English is mainly due to the fact I don't like the language. In Brazil, I
studied English in school and did a full course of five years. Even after finishing
the course, I couldn't have a good English, so I decided to exchange to see if
I can finally speak English better. In short, it’s difficult for me learn
English because in addition to not like the language, I have difficulties in
pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
Comments
Post a Comment